The products and publications listed here were published by our NRT faculty and student participants since the inception of our program.
- L. W. Chang, T. K. Lytle, M. Radhakrishna, J. J. Madinya, J. Velez, C. E. Sing, L. S. Perry, "Sequence and Entropy-based Control of Complex Coacervates, submitted.
- S. Khandavalli, J. P. Rothstein, "Ink Transfer of non-Newtonian Fluids from an Idealized Gravure Cell: The Effect of Shear and Extensional Deformation," J. Non-Newton Fluid, 243, 16-26, (2017), DOI: 10.1016/j.nnfm.2017.02.005.
- M. Radhakrishna, K. Basu, Y. L. Liu. R. Shamsi, S. L. Perry, C. E. Sing, "Molecular Connectivity and Correlation Effects on Polymer Coacervation," Macromolecules, 50, 3030-3037, (2017), DOI: 10.1021/acs.macromol.6b02582.
- A. A. Dey, Y. Modarres-Sadeghi, J. P. Rothstein, "Experimental Observation of Viscoelastic Fluid-structure Interactions," J. Fluid Mech., 813, R51-R514, (2017), DOI: 10.1017/jfm.2017.15.
- R. W. Scott, G. N. Tew, "Mimics of Host Defense Proteins; Strategies for Translation to Therapeutic Applications," Curr. Topics Med. Chem., 17, 576-589, (2017), DOI: 10.2174/1568026616666160713130452.
- A. O. Tezgel, P. Jacobs, C. M. Backlund, J. C. Telfer, G. N. Tew, "Synthetic Protein Mimics for Functional Protein Delivery," Biomacromolecules, 18, 819-825, (2017), DOI: 10.1021/biomac.6b01685.
- J. H. Kim, J. P. Rothstein, "Role of Interface Shape on the Laminar Flow Through an Array of Superhydrophobic Pillars," Microfluid Nanofluid, 21, 76-88 (2017), DOI: 10.1007/s10404-017-1914-7.
- J. M. Sarapas, C. M. Backlund., B. M. deRonde, L. M. Minter, G. N. Tew, "ROMP- and RAFT-Based Guanidinium-Containing Polymers as Scaffolds for Protein Mimic Synthesis, Chem. A Eur. J., 23, 6858-6863, (2017), DOI: 10.1002/chem.201700423.
- X. Meng, S. L. Perry, J. D. Schiffman, "Complex Coacervation: Chemically Stable Fibers Electrospun from Aqueous Polyelectrolyte Solutions," ACS Macro Lett., 6, 505-511, (2017), DOI: 10.1021/acsmacrolett.7b00173.
- L. Smith-Doerr, S. Alegria, T. Sacco, "How Diversity Matters in the US Science and Engineering Workforce: A Critical Review Considering Integration in Teams, Fields, and Organizational Contexts," Engaging Science, Technology, and Society, 3, 139-153, (2017), DOI: 10.17351/ests2017.142.ety 3 (2017
- , DOI:
- ests2017.(2017), 14
- S. H. Lu, J. S. Hu, C. L. Chen, X. J. Chen, Y. Gong, Y. B. Sun, X. L. Tan, "Spectrostopic and Modeling Investigation of Efficient Removal of U(VI) on a Novel Magnesium Silicate/Diatomite," Sep. Pur. Tech., 174, 425-431, (2017), DOI: 10.1016/j.seppur.2016.09.052.
- Y. Liu, H. H. Winter, S. L. Perry, "Linear Viscoelasticity of Complex Coacervates," Adv. Colloid Interface Science, 239, 46-60, (2017), DOI: dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.cis.2016.08.010.
- H. B. Liu, Y. K. Zhu, B. Xu, P. Li, Y. B. Sun, T. H. Chen, "Mechanical Investigation of U(VI) on Pyrrhotite by Batch, EXAFS and Modeling Techniques," J. Haz Mater., 322, 488-498, (2017), DOI: 10.1016/j.jhazmat.2016.10.015.
- Y. B. Sun, X. X. Wang, Y. J. Ai, Z. M. Yu, W. Huang, C. L. Chen, T. Hayat, A. Alsaedi, X. K. Wang, "Interaction of Sulfonated Graphene Oxide with U(VI) Studied by Spectroscopic Analysis and Theoretical Calculations," Chem. Eng. J., 310, 292-299, (2017), DOI:10.106/j.cej.2016.10.122.
- M. T. Kwasny, G. N. Tew, "Expanding Metal Cation Options in Polymeric Anion Exchange Membranes," J. Mtrls. Chem. A, 5, 1400-1405, (2017), DOI: 10.1039/C6TA07990C.
- L. Smith-Doerr, T. Sacco, "Trouble in the University: How the Education of Health Care Professionals Became Corrupted," Contemp. Siociol., 45(4), 500-501, (2016), DOI: 10.1177/0094306116653953ccc.
- E. I. Ozay, G. Trombley, J. Torres, P. Chikkegowda, G. N. Tew, L. M. Minter, "Novel Ways of Targeting PKC. Reveals New Molecular Clues About T Cell Signaling," Eur. J. Immun., 46(SI), 1034, (2016) *presented at International Congress of Immunology, Melbourne, AUS by E. I. Ozay.
- J. H. Kim, J. P. Rothstein, "Droplet Impact Dynamics on Lubricant-Infused Superhydrophobic Surfaces: The Role of Viscosity Ratio," Langmuir, 32, 10166-10176, (2016), DOI: 10.1021/acs.langmuir.6b01994.
- J. Choi, J. Huh, K. R. Carter, T. P. Russell, "Directed Self-Assembly of Block Copolymer Thin Films Using Minimal Topographic Paterns," ACS Nano, 10, 7915-7925, (2016), DOI: 10.1021/acsnano.6b03857.
- T. D. Kassuga, J. P. Rothstein, "The effect of shear and confinement on the buckling of particle-laden interfaces," J. Phys. Condens. Matter, 28, 025101, (2016), DOI: 10.108/0953-8984/28/2/025101.
- Y. B. Sun, X. X. Wang, C. C. Ding, W. C. Cheng, C. L. Chen, T. Hayat, A. Alsaedi, J. Hu, X. K. Wang, "DIrect Synthesis of Bacteria-derived Carbonaceous Nanofibers as a Highly Efficient Material for Radionuclides Elimination," ACS Sustain. Chem. Eng., 4(9), (2016), 4608-4616, DOI: 10.1021/acsuschemeng.6b00738.
- J. H. Kim, J. P. Rothstein, "Delayed lubrican depletion on liquid-infused randomly rough surfaces," Exp. Fluids 57, 80-89, (2016), DOI:10.1007/s00348-016-2171-3.
- S. Kalasin, M. M. Santore, "Near-Surface Motion and Dynamic Adhesion during Silica Microparticle Capture on a Polymer (Solvated PEG) Brush via Hydrogen Bonding," Macromolecules, 49(1), 334-343, (2016), DOI: 10.1021/acs.macromol.5b01977.
- L. M. Caffrey, B. M. deRonde, L. M. Minter, G. M. Tew, "Mapping Optimal Charge Density and Length of ROMP-based PTDMs for siRNA Internalization," Biomacromolecules, 17(10), 3205-3212, (2016), DOI: 10.1021/acs.biomac.6b00900.
- R. M. Thantirige, J. John, N. R. Pradhan, K. R. Carter, "Fabrication of Flexible Oriented Magnetic Thin Films with Large In-plane Uniaxial Anisotropy by Roll-to-Roll Nanoimprint Lithography," J. Magn. Magn. Mater., 407, 273-278, (2016), DOI: 10.1016/jmmm.2016.12.086.
- B. M. deRonde, N. D. Posey, R. Otter, L. M. Caffrey, L. M. Minter, G. N. Tew, "Optimal Hydrophobicity in Ring-Opening Metathesis Polymerization-based Protein Mimics Required for siRNA Internalization," Biomacromolecules, 17(6), 1969-1977, (2016), DOI: 10.1021/acs.biomac.6b00138.
- H. Xu, A. Clarke, J. P. Rothstein, R. J. Poole, "Sliding viscoelastic drops on slippery surfaces," App. Phys. Letts., 108, 241602-1-261602-5, (2016), DOI: 10.1063/1.4953875.
- C. C. Chang, K. W. Kolewe, Y. Y. Li, I. Kosif, B. D. Freeman, K. R. Carter, J. D. Schiffman, T. Emrick, "Underwater Superoleophobic Surfaces Prepared from Polymer Zwitterion/Dopamine Composite Coatings," Adv Mater. Interf., 3, 1500521-1-1500521-9, DOI: 10.1002/admi.201500521.
- E. I. Ozay, G. Gonzalez-Perez, J. Torres, J. Vijayaraghavan, R. Lawlor, H. L. Sherman, D. T. Garrigan, Jr., A. S. Burnside, B. A. Osborne, G. N. Tew, "Intracellular Delivery of Anti-pPKCθ (Thr538) via Protein Transduction Domain Mimics for Immunomodulation," Mol. Ther., 24(12), 2118-2130, (2016), DOI: 10.1038/mt.2016.177.
- P. D. Homyak, Y. Liu, J. D. Harris, F. Liu, K. R. Carter, T. P. Russell, E. B. Coughlin, "Systematic Fluorination of P3HT: Synthesis of P(#HT-co-3H4FT)s by Direct Arylation Polymerization, Characterization, and Device Performance in OPVs," Macromol., 49, 3028-3037, (2016), DOI: 10.1021/acs.macromol.6b00386.
- J. M. Sarpas, G. N. Tew, "Thiol-Ene Step-Growth as a Versatile Route to Functional Polymers," Angew. Chem. Intl. Ed., 55(51), 15860-15863, (2016), DOI: 10.1002/anie.201609023.
- K. L. Martin, Y. Nyquist, E. K. Burnett, A. L. Briseno, K. R. Carter, "Surface Grafting of Functionalized Poly(thiophene)s Using Thiol-Ene Click Chemistry for Thin Film Stabilization," ACS Appl. Mater. Interf., 8(44), 30543-30551, (2016), DOI: 10.1021/acsami.6b08667.
- N. D. Posey, L. M. Caffrey, L. M. Minter, G. N. Tew, "Protein Mimic Hydrophobicity Affects Intracellular Delivery but not Cargo Binding," Chemistry Select, 1(19), 6146-6150, (2016), DOI: 10.1002/slct.201601652.
- S. L. Perry, W. C. Blocher, "Biomimetic Complex Coacervate-based Materials for Biomedicine," Chemical Engineering Faculty Publication Series, Paper 835, (2016). http://scholarworks.umass.edu/che_faculty_pubs/835
- S. L. Perry, W. C. Blocher, "Biomimetic Complex Coacervate-based Materials for Biomedicine," WIREs Nanomed Nanobiotechnol (2016), DOI: 10.1002/wnan.1442.
- S. Khandavalli, J. Hendricks, C. Clasen, J. P. Rothstein, "A Comparison of Linear and Branched Wormlike Micelles using Large Amplitude Oscillatory Shear and Orthogonal Superposition Rheology," J. Rheol. 60, 1331, (2016), DOI: 10.1122/1.4965435.
- S. Khandavalli, J. P. Rothstein, "The Effect of Shear-thickening on the Stability of Slot-Die Coating," AIChE J., 62(12), 4536-4547, (2016), DOI: 10.1002/aic.15336.
- W. Wongchan, R. G. Lawlor, B. A. Osborne, T. Palaga, "Impact of Notch1 Deletion in Macrophages on Proinflammatory Cytokine Production and the Outcome of Experimental Autoimmune Encephalomyelitis," J. Immun., 195(11), 5337-5346, (2015), DOI: 10.4049/jimmunol.1401770.
- S. Kim, O. Linker, K. Garth, K. R. Carter, "Degradation Kinetics of Acid-Sensitive Hydrogels," Polym. Deg. Stab., 121, 303-310, (2015), DOI: 10.1016/j.polymdegradstab.2015.09.014.
S. L. Perry, J. D. Schiffman, X. Meng, “Ultra-stable printing using aqueous complex coacervates, and compositions and methods thereof” Patent Application filed on May 22, 2017.
S. L. Perry, J. D. Schiffman, X. Meng, “Polymer nanofibers from electrospinning of complex coacervates, and compositions and methods thereof” Patent Application 62/406,635 filed on October 11, 2016.
L. He, B. Xing, H. Guo. "Systems and Methods for Extraction and Surface-enhanced Raman Spectroscopy Detection of Metal Nanoparticles." Patent Application filed on August 17, 2016. Publication number: 20170052123. Publication date: February 23, 2017.
G. N. Tew, G. J. Gabriel, A. Som, A. O. Tezel. "Protein Transduction Domain Mimics" Patent Application filed on June 7, 2016. Publication numer: 20160324970. Publication date November 10, 2016.
L. He, Bacterial Detection Platform Based on SERS Mapping." Patent Application filed on June 3, 2016. Publication number: 20160356721. Publication date December 8, 2016.
B. Osborne, F. Ayaz, K. Knight, S. Jones. "Exopolysaccharide for Inflammatory Disease." Patent Application filed on April 11, 2016. Publication number: 20160317566. Publication date: November 3, 2016.
M. M. Santore, K. Arcaro, S. Kalasin. "Sensors and Methods for Capturing Targeted Cells" Patent Application filed on September 3, 2015. Publication number: 20160069861. Publication date March 10, 2016.
G. N. Tew, W. F. DeGrado, M. L. Klein, D. Liu, J. Yuan, S. Choi. "Facially Amphiphilic Polymers and Oligomers and Uses Thereof" Patent Application filed on December 3, 2015. Publication number: 20160151314. Publication date: June 2, 2016.