Special Workshops Summer 2020
I-Corps Entrepreneurship Training for NRTs
Learn Innovation Skills - Broaden Your Impact
Benefits of Participation
- Learn about the lean startup method (the basis for the NSF’s I-Corps™ program) applied to technology commercialization.
- Prepare STEM students with skills, experience and credentials that will advantage them in their future studies and careers
- Expand your NRT institution's state-of-the-art innovation and entrepreneurship training opportunities for students and faculty
- Increase National Science Foundation funding opportunities for faculty
- Train students and faculty to address diversity and inclusion in the context of innovation and entrepreneurship
What We Do
- NRT trainees and faculty will participate in an intensive, hands-on weekend workshop based on the I-Corps @ UMass Amherst Innovators Warm-Up and Innovators Jump-Start programs.
- The program is focused on introduced to the key steps for the commercialization of lab-based research technology, especially the customer discovery process and related considerations of diversity, inclusion and unconscious bias.
Who Should Participate
- Faculty and students from NSF NRT sites, especially from institutions that do no have easy access to an I-Corps site or node.
When, Where and How
- Apply for May 29-31 or June 12-14
- University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Stipends available to support travel and meals
EMAIL SMLS-NRT@UMASS.EDU FOR AN APPLICATION TODAY!
Kenneth Carter, Professor of Polymer Science & Engineering, <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Karen Utgoff, Director of ICorps@UMass Amherst, <email@example.com>
Nilanjana Dasgupta, Professor of Psychological & Brain Sciences, Director of Equity & Inclusion, <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Ina Ganguli, Associate Professor of Economics, <email@example.com>
Burnley Jaklevic, Director of Technology Transfer Office, <firstname.lastname@example.org>;
Allison J. Koss, Manager of Communications in Research & Engagement, <Allison.email@example.com>;
Christine Piquette, Grants & Contracts Coordinator, Polymer Science & Engineering, <firstname.lastname@example.org>